Friday 4 September 2009

I should never have purchased...

A few months ago I bought an Accurist silver watch from Argos. I needed a watch to be more organised and keep track of the time more.

I chose the particular watch in hand because, at first, it looked good and it appeared to be reasonably aesthetic; it was sliver and shiny with big hands and a large clock face. It had extra features such as showing the date, glow in the dark hands and an adjustable strap. So, with a price of £35.00, overall the watch seemed great value for money.

However, a couple of weeks after purchase, the product seemed not to live up to what I had assumed it was going to be like. The wrist strap began to get laced in very noticeable scratches and scuffs, with the silver paint wearing off and revealing a very dull metal surface underneath. I was not using the watch excessively or when it could have got damaged (i.e. when playing sport or in the rain). I was only mainly wearing it to school, so clearly there was a problem with the quality of the watch’s silver paint. Furthermore, although the watch hadn’t stopped ticking, every week or two I noticed how it had become five or ten minutes fast, meaning I had to reset the time regularly.

I began to realise that the quality of the product was not sound and regretted buying the watch. Although it looked good at first, it turned out not to be practical or a good buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment